Our Mission, Vision, Values and Beliefs
The Rocky Run Middle School community is committed to preparing every student for the world of the future. All students receive the support and encouragement they need to meet high academic standards, lead ethical lives, and demonstrate responsible citizenship. Therefore, the students, families and staff work collaboratively as a learning community to establish the conditions needed to bring each child to full potential and to develop an expectation of “Excellence in All Endeavors.”
Rocky Run Middle School believes every child is important and entitled to the opportunity to realize his or her fullest potential. Our school develops and implements a strategic improvement plan that empowers the learning community to support all students in meeting high academic standards, leading ethical lives, and demonstrating responsible citizenship in the 21st century. The ultimate goal of the total school program is to help students develop the complex-thinking, decision-making, effective communication, and problem-solving skills needed to be competitive in the global workplace. Rocky Run fosters best practices to build enthusiasm for learning and to develop healthy, positive, productive, and well-rounded citizens in a culturally rich environment.
Core Values & Beliefs:
- All Students can learn.
- Every student's success is the responsibility of our learning community.
- Each student is important and entitled to the opportunity to realize his or her fullest potential.
- The "Character Counts" traits of: Trustworthiness, Responsibility, Respect, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship create a well-rounded citizen.
- All students can and want to be successful.
- All students respond positively to high expectations.
- All students respond to caring adults in their lives.
- All students thrive in safe environments.
- Students thrive in a highly engaging environment.
- All students can learn to self-advocate.
- Students who feel highly connected to the school and community have greater self-esteem and are more successful.
- Embracing diversity prepares students for the global community.
- Intelligence can be nurtured.
- We should strive for Excellence in all Endeavors.