Kiss and Ride Procedures 2019-2020
Morning Drop Off:
- Doors to the school open at 7:05am.
- The entrances to the Kiss and Ride are located on Poplar Tree Road and Stringfellow Road.
- The actual drop off area of the Kiss and Ride is located in front of the building. Students can be dropped off and picked up in this area only.
- Please follow the direction of the staff members that are directing Kiss and Ride Traffic. They are there to keep a continuous flow of traffic and maintain a safe for students and drivers.
- Always pull your car up as far as you can go. This allows as many cars as possible to pull into the Drop Off Zone. Please have your student unload as quickly as you can.
- All cars must remain in the Kiss and Ride line. Drivers will not be allowed to leave the line once they have dropped off their student. One continuous line is the protocol in the morning. That being said, DO NOT drop your student off before the Drop Off Zone because you will have to stay in line anyway.
- All cars must exit onto Stringfellow Road by taking a RIGHT turn.
- Traffic delays and backups in the Kiss and Ride are NOT EXCUSED tardies to school. Please plan accordingly especially at the beginning of the school year and on inclement weather days
Afternoon Pick Up
- All cars should pull up as far as they can into the Kiss and Ride area to accommodate as many cars as possible.
- Since students exit the building at different rates, you will be allowed to leave the Kiss and Ride area as soon as you have picked up your student.
- In the afternoon, you may exit onto Poplar Tree Road or take a RIGHT turn onto Stringfellow Road.
After School Pick Up
- All students who are picked up by a parent after school MUST use the Kiss and Ride Area. All cars should pull up as far as they can in the Kiss and Ride area to accommodate as many cars as possible.
- Once your child has entered the car, carefully exit the Kiss and Ride Area. The next car should then pull up to keep the line moving.