School Opening Information for RRMS
View school opening information for RRMS.
Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
View information about registration, orientation events, forms, school supplies. Please contact our main office at 703-802-7700 if you have any questions.
Beginning of School Year Forms
The forms listed below are mandatory for all 7th and 8th grade students.
|Emergency Care Form||Form required for all students. Completed via weCare.|
|Health Form||Only for students with medical concerns. Email completed Health Information Form to Tina Dempsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Computer Opt Out Form||Only for students who are not taking a school computer.|
|Software Parental Consent Form||
Review software used at RRMS and complete consent form.
|Student Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R) Parent Signature Sheet||
For information and to view the SR&R document visit the FCPS SR&R page. This form will be collected during our Rock Time classes on or before October 29th.
|After School Registration Form||Complete this form if your student is participating in the After School Program for the 2021-2022 school year.|
- FCPS Privacy and Opt-Out Forms
- Family Life Education Opt-Out Forms - email completed forms to Tina Dempsey email@example.com
- Military-Connected Student Form (only applicable to families who have had a change in their military-connected status within the last year) - email completed forms to Tina Dempsey. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- Homeless Student Referral Form
- Medication Authorization Form
- Epinephrine Authorization Form
- Inhaler Authorization Form
Rocky Run MS Transition Events
Rams Rally - Thursday, August 19, 2-5 PM
- All students and families welcome
- Open House format
- Self-guided building Tour
- Meet and greet with staff
- Kona Ice Truck on site! (Thanks to our wonderful PTA)
Student Orientation- Friday, August 20, 9-11 AM
- Students only
- Transportation available from feeder schools
- Students will walk schedule and meet their teachers
Back-to-School Night - Monday, September 13
- Virtual format
- Live Sessions at 9:30 AM and 6:30 PM (same presentation offered by administrators and counselors at two different times). Session will be recorded
- All teacher presentations, syllabus, curriculum info will be pre-recorded and shared virtually
7th Grade Immunization Requirement Notice
All students entering 7th grade will be required to receive one dose of each of the following immunizations prior to the beginning of school: Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis booster (Tdap), and Meningococcal vaccine (MenACWY).
7th grade students cannot begin school in August without proper Tdap and Meningococcal documentation.
Please provide one of the following documents to Rocky Run MS by Aug. 16th. You may drop immunization records off in the main office or email them to Tina Dempsey at @email.
- An updated immunization record showing that the student has received these immunizations.
- A note on a healthcare provider’s letterhead stating the date the vaccines were given.
- A healthcare provider’s written statement of a permanent or temporary medical exemption.
- A notarized Religious Exemption Form
Immunizations are available from your student's healthcare provider or the Fairfax County Health Department. The Health Department clinic locations and hours are available online or by calling 703-246-2411.