Multilingual Timelines in Sra. Singer's Classroom
Señora Singer's students worked on an assignment titled "My Multilingual Timeline" in which they reflected on their language acquisition by developing a personal timeline.
Students began the assignment by answering questions to spark their thinking.
- Which different languages or dialects do I speak?
- Are there any other forms of language I use? (Slang, emoji, body language)
- At what ages did I start learning my different languages?
- How do I use my langue(s) in different ways?
Students were then instructed to draw their multilingual timeline with a focus on:
- Events and people that impacted their language.
- Feelings in relation to their language acquisition.
- Vision of language in their future.