Scroll to read updates, schedules, announcements, club descriptions, and opportunities related to our After School program.
- Activities for the week of 5/23
- We do not have access to the gym on Wednesday and Thursday. We will play outside, but if it rains, our gym activities will be cancelled for the day.
- LAST DAY OF LATE BUSES & ACTIVITIES IS THURSDAY, 5/26.
Club Descriptions Sheet *updated 3/2
MARK YOUR CALENDAR - The last day for after-school activities and late buses for the school year will be Thursday, May 26.
Upcoming High School Clinics/Tryouts/Workouts/Meetings -
- Centreville HS Dance Team – Check out this flyer for more information.
- Centreville HS Rising Freshman Football Interest Meeting at Rocky Run on Monday, 5/16 during 1st session (2:30-3:15 pm). Sign up here if you are interested in attending. Check out their website or email Coach Shields (@email) for more program information.
- Chantilly HS Freshman Basketball workouts – June 14 and 16 from 5 – 7 pm at Rocky run. Sign up here.
- Chantilly HS Color guard – Tryout information is included here. Rising 9th graders who are interested in the Colorguard program should fill out this form to be kept in the loop.
- Chantilly HS Cheer will host a Youth Camp on May 21st – Kindergarten through Rising 8th graders are invited! Rising 9th graders who are interested in the Chantilly Cheer program should fill out this interest form to be kept in the loop about tryouts and upcoming events.
- Chantilly HS Girls Summer Basketball Camp (ages 9-14). Click here to see the program flyer and registration information.
- Chantilly HS Girls Basketball - fill out this form if you are interested in playing basketball at Chantilly next year so you can be kept in the loop about off-season workouts, summer camp, and other events.
- Chantilly HS Rising Freshman Football Workouts at Chantilly HS on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 3:10-4:10 pm. Click here and check out their team page for details. Students must complete this form in order to participate.
- Chantilly HS Cheer
- Chantilly High School Sports Physical Registration. This will be good for all sports and out-of-season practices for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Westfield HS Colorguard – Check out this flyer for information about their upcoming interest meeting.
- Westfield HS Field Hockey Camp – Check out this flyer for information about their upcoming camp for rising 5th – 10th graders.
- 8th Graders who are attending Westfield HS next year – field hockey tryouts are on August 1st. Email the coach at @email to be kept in the loop!
- Westfield HS RISING FRESHMEN – Check out this flyer for a summer transition program!
Club Sign Up Forms - We will need to cap the attendance in some of our clubs - to keep the activity safe and allow students to engage effectively within the club. Sign-up forms will be posted Schoology's After-School Group (resources --> club sign up forms). Students will be accepted on a first come, first served basis with priority given to students who can commit to attending most of the club's meetings. Participants will be notified via their fcpsschools email before their club's meeting next week.
A few important after-school reminders:
- Check the weekly schedule (linked above) to see what is scheduled for next week (not every club will start next week). You do not need to sign up in advance for any clubs. See something you are interested in? Plan on attending when the club gets started to learn more! If there is sign up criteria for that club, they will review at the Interest Meeting.
- Check the club descriptions sheet (linked above) for club information, sponsor name, meeting location, meeting day/session, and start date (again, not all clubs will start next week).
- Review the After-School Preview for all after-school procedures.
- All students must complete the After-School Registration Form prior to staying after.
- You must be in a club or with a teacher at all times. Rams Room in the cafeteria is always available for you to complete homework, work on group projects, etc. You can't leave school grounds and then return for an after-school club.
- All parent pick-ups must take place by 4:30 pm. Late buses depart between 4:30 - 4:45 pm. Check the late bus routes that are posted under the "Resources" tab.
- If you want a Super Snack (free), come to the cafeteria right at 2:15 pm. You will need to be in your first session club by 2:30 pm.
VIP Summer Program
Families were notified on May 6th of their acceptance status. Our camp is currently full, but if you would like to add your rising 7th/8th grader to the waitlist, please fill out this registration form. We will notify you if/when a spot opens up for your student.
The following information is for students who have been accepted in the 2022 VIP Program:
Required Reading and Forms:
Field Trip Forms:
- Splashdown Waterpark on 7/8 and 7/27
- Central Park Funland on 7/13
- Six Flags on 7/20
- Flex/Optional Trip to Fun Land of Fairfax (date TBD)
Forms to be completed as needed:
Information will be posted here as it is received.
- After-School Specialist