All After-School Program information is posted on the student site, Ramsville, in the "After-School" section. Here students will find:
1. Step by step instructions on how to register for the program and enroll in clubs
2. "Clubs by Day" spreadsheet, which lists our current club offerings by day/session (please note - not all clubs will start on 9/21. Students should check for all club details, including start date, in the "Club Descriptions" spreadsheet.)
3. "Club Description" spreadsheet, which lists all club details, session times, start dates, and enrollment links.
Spaces are limited in programs, so students should only enroll in activities in which they plan on actively participating. Once they fill out the enrollment form, they will receive a message either directing them to enroll in the club's Google Classroom or letting them know that the club sponsor will send a meeting link prior to the first club meeting.
Other Community Opportunities (these are not Rocky Run After-School Programs - please review all information with your parent/guardian before registering) -
Opportunities will be posted as they are received and reviewed.
Attendance - Attendance will be taken during all after-school sessions.
Club Specific Registration –
Most clubs are open enrollment; however, some clubs will have membership requirements. Because all programs are virtual at this time, students will need to complete a google form (posted on the student site, Ramsville), in order to gain access to the club's Google Classroom and/or receive the meeting link from the club sponsor. If there is a selection process, club sponsors will review program information, commitment requirements, and the club selection process at the initial club meeting.
A preliminary list of club offerings will be posted at the top of this page. Please check this list frequently as clubs will be added throughout the year. If your student is interested in starting a new club, he/she should complete this club proposal form and return it to Mrs. Campbell at email@example.com.
Program information will be posted on the new student website (Ramsville), here on the Rocky Run public website, and on the 7th and 8th grade google classroom sites. A weekly schedule will be posted every Friday for the following week.
Program Registration –
ALL Rocky Run students must submit a program registration form prior to participating in the after-school program. Form is coming soon!
Important Program Dates:
· September 21 – First day of after-school activities
· May 27– Last day of after-school activities
· The After-School Program will not meet on student holidays, early release days, or during inclement weather cancellations. In addition, there will be no after-school activities or buses on the following dates: October 9, November 23-24, December 18, January 15, February 12,
If you have a program question, please contact Shannon Campbell, After-School Specialist, at SLCampbell@fcps.edu.
Mission of the After-School Programs:
Rocky Run Middle School is committed to promoting active participation in extracurricular activities to support the academic mission and enrich the lives of students. Students who engage in these programs are more likely to develop positive attitudes towards school, achieve full academic potential, and become productive citizens. Students are encouraged to maintain a balance between their instructional studies, after school activities, and other outside interests. The Middle School After-School Program is funded and implemented through a collaborative partnership between Fairfax County Public Schools, Office of After-School Programs, and the Fairfax County Government, Department of Community and Recreation Services.
- After-School Specialist