Testing at Rocky Run Middle School
Information about testing at Rocky Run Middle School
Rocky Run Middle School Testing Coordinator
- Resource Teacher, MS
Spring 2021 SOL Testing at Rocky Run Middle School
Seventh and eighth grade students at Rocky Run Middle School will be taking the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) Tests starting on Monday, May 3, 2021 and will conclude with expedited retakes on Friday, June 4, 2021. The official testing calendar is as follows:
Also see calendar on website for summary of dates.
All online students are reminded that they have to take their SOL test at Rocky Run. Our testing schedule on Mondays will run from 7:30 AM -11:00 AM. For our online students that want to take the test and live more than one and a half miles and filled out the transportation request form will be notified by April 30, 2021 on their request. If your child lives within one and half miles from Rocky Run, you will need to provide your own transportation.
For our online students who are not taking Algebra 1, Algebra 2 or Geometry classes, FCPS has released information on the Virginia Remote Student Progress Test, (VRSPT) the alternative to the SOL test for this year. The alternative was discussed at the Town Hall meetings on March 23, 2021 and it was stated that the information would be released as soon as it was received. This option is available for online students only who choose to refuse all SOL testing. This option is not available to students who are taking classes in person at Rocky Run. The VRSPT can be completed from home from May 10 – June 4, 2021 and covers:
- Reading 7
- Reading 8
- Science 8
- Math 7
- Math 8
Students who are eligible to take the VRSPT will be notified by April 30, 2021 of the option. Parents and students can also choose to not have their child take the VRSPT.
FCPSOn Laptops for SOL & VRSPT
All online students, whether they take the SOL or the VRSPT, need to make sure that computers have been restarted and are updated prior to testing. It is important that they come to Rocky Run or it will affect their ability to take an SOL test on the day that they are scheduled. Students will have the opportunity to come into the building and connect to the FCPS Wi-Fi and restart their computers and update. The dates and times for coming to Rocky Run Cafeteria (enter through Door 1) are:
- Monday, April 26, 2021 from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
If you have Opted out of taking an FCPSOn laptop, one will be provided the day of the test. Virtual students taking the VRSPT and do not have an FCPS laptop must pick one up at the school. Please use student technology request form to make an appointment.
Procedure for Laptop Health Checks
Please pull up in the Kiss and Ride when you arrive.
Before you plan to visit please read thru the following:
COVID-19 Health Screening Questions
You are NOT permitted into FCPS facilities if any of the responses are "YES"
YES or NO, in the last 14 days have you had any of the following symptoms?
- Feeling feverish and/or having chills –documented temperature of 100.4°F or higher?
- Has there been any use of fever reducing medication within the last 24 hours not due to another health condition?
- A new cough that is not due to another health condition?
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that is not due to another health condition?
- New chills that are not due to another health condition?
- A new sore throat that is not due to another health condition?
- New muscle aches that are not due to another health condition, or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
- A new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had a positive test for the virus that causes COVID-19 disease within the past 10 days?
If you answered "NO" to ALL the above questions please let us know when you plan to come. We will be at the Main Entrance to the school.
If you answered “YES” we can give you an appointment at a later date. Thank you!