View information about how our librarians support academics at Rocky Run.
Librarians teach lessons with all content areas! We align our collaborations with teachers using the Virginia Standards of Learning, FCPS pacing guides, and the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) Standards for the 21st Century Learner.
Some topics we teach include:
- Digital Citizenship
- Citations, Plagiarism
- Technology (digital safety, new websites, Google Suite, etc)
- Integration of library resources (print or digital) into class projects/activities
- Makerspace activities/projects to support content units of study
Other services we provide:
- Book talks for projects/topics of study
- Lists of resources/websites for units of study
- Space for flexible learning in the library
- Staff small group professional development
...and so much more! We love working with our staff to enhance student learning!