Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is entering a multi-year transformation to align our classroom instruction with our goal for all students – the FCPS Portrait of a Graduate. This transformation, known as FCPSOn, will ensure that all students have access to an active and inspiring learning environment.
Rocky Run Middle School, along with all schools in the Chantilly Pyramid will be participating in Phase 1 of this work. View the information below to learn more about this opportunity.
Got a question about FCPSOn?
RRMS FCPSOn Laptop Distribution
- Trial Distribution on August 4, 2017 from 12pm – 3pm for Shifting Gears participants only.
- August 10, 2017 from 12:00pm – 3:00pm
- August 14, 2017 from 8:00am – 12:00pm
- August 16, 2016 from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Important information about Laptop Distribution:
- Enter the building through Door 8.
- Students will need to verify their identity with a staff member to pick up laptop (we will typically just ask the student their address or their student ID number).
- Parents do not need to be present for pickup.
- We will not be collecting signed agreement forms for students who are using FCPSOn laptops. All students will get a copy of the agreement form, but students only need to turn in a signed copy of this form if they are planning to use their OWN device for the 2017-2018 School Year.
- Students will be issued a laptop and charger. They will also be given the option to take a gently used laptop sleeve or use one of their own.
- Students will be required to log into their laptop and log into their FCPS Google Chrome before they leave the building with their device. Review student account information here if needed. This process can take about 20 minutes.
- All students will be given this flyer with guidelines for using their FCPSOn device before they leave.
- Please note: You do not need to arrive at the scheduled start time for distribution. If you arrive any time within the time windows provided you will be given a device. The busiest times tend to be at the start time so you may want to plan to get here during the middle of the window when it may not be as busy.
NEW this year: Students may turn in their Emergency Care Card and Health Information Form with a representative from our Student Services Department DURING laptop distribution. If both forms are completed, student will receive a card that will allow them to bypass lines during the Rams Rally and get their schedule and locker information.